Travelling from old to new
Designed by Frederick Thomas Pilkington, Trinity Church opened its doors to worshippers in December 1863, with the spire added 6 years later.
Functioning as a Free Church of Scotland for the next hundred years or more, the Trinity dominated the Irvine skyline in its elevated position above the River Irvine beside the town bridge.
The church finally closed its doors to public worship in 1966 and the building began a slow decline.
However, the Irvine Bay Development Company began the restoration in 2009. Over the next five years the roof was replaced, the stained glass cleaned and the decorative stone work repaired.
The A listed building now has a new life as the active travel hub.
Sitting in the town centre, the hub is ideally placed for engagement with people coming to the town to work, shop or play.